Friday, May 30, 2008

Eric Cartman's Cartoon Wars

as I'm sure you've noticed, I've finally installed Haloscan. I've been meaning to do so since forever but there was some problems with the automated install, so yesterday I finally had time on my hands to do it manually.

Yay.

Now let us ponder for a bit the all-too-familiar problem of the limits of freedom of speech, as it I have run into this problem myself recently on this blog.

You realize, of course, that freedom of speech is a difficult principle to uphold idealistically, the foremost implementation of said principle is, in the words of the great Trey Parker: "Either it's all in, or nothing's in." because, once you've given a particular group of people a preferential treatment, you would have eventually to submit to the wishes of every other group. Now, while I have banned some people from commenting here due to their repeatedly racist attitude (which they are oblivious to, most horrendously) towards a certain group of people to which I belong, I am obliged hereby to delete any other racist comment offensive to any group of people in the criteria. Eventually, the constraints would be too much so that commenting would become an inherently futile feature.

Which is what everybody seems to be doing, I have noticed that most of the big-gun bloggers end up eliminating their comments forum altogether as an unsatisfactory solution to that problem. Raed Jarrar did it, Riverbend, and most recently Angry Arab. This solution is flawed, but I find no other one that completely eliminates the problem as this one.

The world is bound with flawed realizations of freedom-of-speech, ِِِAnti-Semitism, for all intents and purposes, favors a certain group over others, so what's wrong if I uphold this flawed Anti-Semitism model (arabs are semites too) to my own use? But of course, that is no ideal solution, it is justification for my own flaw.

Another solution would be to remove the ban, but I cannot bring myself to it. On a personal note, I cannot stand them, I totally abhor their views, their ongoing campaign to blame everything on the inferiority of Iraqis, their racist, sly mockery of Arab-Muslim culture, among other things. and here is the problem, because I am certainly not going to feel offended by people who are anti-Christian or anti-Jewish ,or anti-anything else for that matter, but this ban prompts me to act just the same towards them. I don't feel like continuously arguing them, because, as I said earlier, it is futile on the long run.

What do you think?
I hope u get the reference of the title's post.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion who uses your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://upebobepaj.virtue.nu/rytaqys.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I felt unhappy missing knowledge about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Nowadays, I feel good, I begin take up real money.
It gets down to choose a correct companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say hello someplace. Found [url=http://www.google.com/ncr]you guys through google[/url]. Hope to contribute more soon!
-bothwoodS

jim said...

Marketing with social media is probably the newest, most promising ways for businesses to promote themselves. By harnessing the power of new social media, businesses can easily promote their services and products for a very small financial investment.
http://www.kieslerautosucks.com |

http://www.kinggyrostruck.com |

http://www.lafrancaistruck.com |

http://www.leadcubetechnologies.com |

http://www.menshealthfrance.com |

mmjiaxin said...

links of london jewellery
tory burch outlet online
discount oakley sunglasses
hermes belt for sale
prada outlet
instyler ionic styler
mont blanc pens
ray ban outlet
oakley sunglasses
ugg boots
san francisco 49ers
hogan,hogan outlet,scarpe hogan,hogan sito ufficiale,hogan interactive
oklahoma city thunder
puma outlet
nfl jersey wholesale
seattle seahawks
vans shoes
prada outlet online
toms outlet
hollister clothing
mm1026

Unknown said...

2015-11-4leilei
louis vuitton pas cher
michael kors
true religion sale
michael kors handbags
ralph lauren
coach outlet
air jordan 4
ralph lauren pas cher
fitflops uk
adidas superstars
michael kors outlet
sac longchamp
north face outlet
ray ban wayfarer
chaussure louboutin
michael kors handbags
michael kors
michael kors outlet
oakley sunglasses
nike huarache
michael kors handbags
cheap oakley sunglasses
new balance shoes
air max
longchamp outlet
michael kors outlet
nike force 1
adidas uk
true religion
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet online
juicy couture
tory burch
air jordan shoes
jordan 3s

Unknown said...

azure online training is the best training course for giving project and free demo classes Azure Online Training

Unknown said...

2016-6-8 leilei
prada handbags
discount oakley sunglasses
cheap omega watches
toms outlet
kate spade handbags
christian louboutin shoes
new balance shoes
air max 90
true religion jeans
north face jackets
cheap jordans
louis vuitton handbags
chaussure louboutin
yeezy boost 350
levis 501
coach outlet
true religion outlet
ray ban sunglasses
oakley sunglasses
air max 90
air max
nike force 1
pandora charms
hollister uk
sac longchamp pliage
fitflops outlet
omega watches
bottega veneta
air max 90
rolex daytona
coach outlet online
louis vuitton outlet
louis vuitton outlet
ray ban sunglasses
coach outlet online
adidas supercolor
michael kors handbags
coach factory outlet
michael kors outlet

yanmaneee said...

moncler jackets
hermes bags
kyrie 4
kd shoes
adidas ultra boost
golden gooses
supreme t shirt
christian louboutin outlet
nike air max 90
vapormax